Playing golf at an American University offers 4 years of intensive training with America’s top coaches. Each University is equipped with its own golf course and state of the art training facility. You will train for a minimum of 30 hours per week, including strength and conditioning training in the gym. Most importantly, in between training and competing against top athletes across the country, you will be earning a degree.
Knowing exactly where you stand during the recruiting process can make earning a men's golf scholarship easier. AIR's golf recruiting guidelines can help you figure out what level of competition you are best suited for. The guidelines also give golf recruits an overview of how many golf scholarships and college programs are available to choose from.
Number of Universities offering Men’s Golf:
Division I: 290
Division II: 233
Division III: 284
Coaches are looking for players who:
· Are between 13-19 years of age
· Tier 1: Handicap scratch or better. 18 Hole Average 72 or under
· Tier 2: Handicap Equal to or < 1, 18 Hole Average 73 or under
· Tier 3: Handicap Equal to or < 2, 18 Hole Average 74 or under
· Tier 4: Handicap Equal to or < 3, 18 Hole Average 75 or under
· Meet relevant academic criteria
If you think you may qualify, submit your profile for one of our scouts to review. You will be contacted for further evaluation if we feel you have what it takes.